Monday, October 18, 2010

At a turtle pace and wanting to run!

(Amber's thoughts)
Sometimes I have to remind myself that slow and steady wins the race. But this is not one of those times that I feel slow and steady will benefit anything at all. I would prefer the be the rabbit in this case instead of the turtle, but if the turtle and the hare story is really life applicable that would only set us up for losing. And we aren't going to lose in this situation!

Waiting on other people to see the urgency in our situation and help us isn't easy. I guess we can't expect someone else to really have the same passion as we do when it's not their child they are helping. Don't get me wrong, I know a lot of people really do care. It's just that no one has that same longing in them for this child. Even our connections have begun to tell me that it just may not be possible, but again it's not the same passion driving them.

Do I really have to keep reminding people how big our God is? I mean come on, the governments do have a say so, but our God is much bigger than even them. I am sticking to my guns that nothing, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING is impossible for God. No paperwork, no age limitations, no government, no language barrier, NOTHING is greater than my God! And it's this faith that keeps us driving forward without doubt.

When God opens doors, no man can close them. So, bring it negative opinions, you don't stand a chance!

Our situation isn't nearly as simple as just going through an agency and letting them place a child with us. Ooley is not in the normal "easy" situation here, but that doesn't mean that this can't become easy. Things can change in any minute. All it takes is the right person to say yes and really be able to help us get the documents needed. With 1 yes, the 99 no's will mean absolutely nothing!

So, we'll hold tight to God's promise and the longing in our hearts. Tears are more frequent with the slow pace at which things are moving. But just like those 99 no's won't matter later, these tears will hold no relevance when we are able to hold Ooley in our arms. It's a journey that is intense and we are still moving forward. Slow as the turtle we seem to be traveling along, waiting for the right people at the right places to move this along to where we can actually see results. And slow as a turtle we will continue to move until God speeds things up. Because we aren't going to grow weary and quit, Ooley is waiting on us too!

If anyone has any ideas that could help our situation, please contact us at amber@salonendeavor.com and we'll explore our options. If anyone has any connections with government officials that could have a voice, that would be great as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment