Sunday, April 7, 2013

A letter to my son

     I never could have imagined how long this adoption process would take. From the moment we met you almost three years ago, our hearts merged and we became family. I know it's hard to understand why you are still waiting for us to be able to bring you home, and we don't really understand it all either. There are so many things that must take place to be able to bring a family together. If only the people who make the rules for all those things, could understand the heartache of waiting. Maybe then they could find a way to make the process work as good in real life, as they have it written on paper.
   
     Please know that you are never forgotten. I pray for you every day, and we have so many friends and family who are doing the same. You are so loved, even by those who have yet to meet you. I love that you are such a little entertainer and have an inquisitive mind. You're going to soak up all the attention you'll get from all the family and friends who are anxious to meet you. We can't wait to see what God has planned for your future!

     While you wait, please remember that we love you deeply. Most days, my mind is sidetracked from my daily tasks, because I'm imaging what you're doing that day. I think about what our days will look like when you're finally home, and it makes every day without you even harder to face. There have been so many days that I want to throw away everything that keeps me tied here, and get to Haiti to stay with you until we can return home together. Not being able to hold you in my arms, is an almost unbearable feeling of loss. I know you have watched many of your friends leave the creche to be with their families and that you are ready to come home too. Don't get discouraged. Continue to do grow and be healthy. Continue doing good in school, and stealing the show, like I know you almost always do.

     We are ready and waiting for your arrival home. We are believing for favor and hoping the remaining time will go quickly. Don't worry, we'll have all your favorite things ready, but we won't let you get absorbed into the greedy mindset that so many people get caught in here in America. Rest assured that you won't lack in anything, and you'll even have many things of your own that you won't have to share. As soon as we know a better time frame of when you'll finally be home, we'll get all the final details rounded up. Can't wait!

     The emotions cannot be put into words. The heartache cannot be expressed. I love you so much and am beyond ready to have you home.
                                                                                                                Love,
                                                                                                                     "Momma Woodley"
                                                                                (as all the kids at C4C know me as :)


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful letter to your son. My thoughts and feelings exactly towards my own son still waiting for me. It's nice to know we're not alone in this heartache of waiting.

    ReplyDelete